AMPS 5.0 is now available.
This version of AMPS builds on the technology in previous releases to refine existing features and bring all new capability to AMPS.
With this release, AMPS provides extremely high performance persistent message queues. The message queues include a variety of fairness models, and include an innovative approach to message delivery that eliminates polling and keeps processors running at full capacity while there is work to do. Message queues work seamlessly with the AMPS entitlement system. Replication is queue-aware, and AMPS includes a patent-pending method for distributed queueing while maintaining the highest levels of performance and strict delivery guarantees.
AMPS 5.0 also includes:
- Replication Validation. To help troubleshoot replication configuration, AMPS now confirms that replication connections reach the expected instances and that those instances have the expected configuration.
- Google Protocol Buffers. AMPS now provides full support for Google Protocol Buffers, including content filtering and delta messaging.
- Rate Control on Bookmark Replay Subscriptions. When replaying messages from the transaction log, subscribers can now specify a maximum rate for bookmark replay.
- Pause and Resume on Bookmark Subscriptions. Subscribers can now pause subscriptions and resume them at a later time.
- Improved Slow Client Protection. Slow client protection now provides per-instance, per-transport, and per-client limits. Self-tuning defaults make configuration simpler and make it less likely for a large query to trigger slow client protection.
- Usability and Performance Improvements. AMPS 5.0 includes many other improvements that both increase performance and make AMPS easier than ever to configure and use.
AMPS 5.0 is available now. Download an evaluation copy today, and let us know how the new features work for your applications!